Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Job

Mike and I enjoyed reading these few chapters from Job last night. Here is a portion that touched my heart and made me realize that I am simply clay and He is the Potter.

Job 40

1. Morevover the Lord answered Job, and said,
2. Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.
3. Then Job answered the Lord, and said,
4. Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer the? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
5. Once have I spoken; but I will not anwer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.
6. Then answered the Lord unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
7. Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee and declare thou unto me.
8. Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?
9. Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?

Job 42

1. Then Job answered the Lord and said,
2. I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
3. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? Therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

6. Wherefore I abhor myself and repent in dust and ashes.

10. And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed....: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

12. So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

17. So Job died being old and full of days.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!


2 comments:

Heidi Johnson said...

I just read the last chapter of Job a while back and it is profound. Makes you realize how little we really know, and yet we brag about how much we know!

Autumn and Mike said...

So true! What a blessing that God left us the Bible to glean and learn from!