Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July is a busy month!

Well, the new walkway is almost done! We just have a bit of landscaping left and then it will be complete! Mike has done such an amazing job on this project and I am so proud of him for putting himself out there and attempting something he's never done before! With my great design skills (ha ha!) and his amazing ability to read my mind and put it together, we have almost completed our first really big project together. Thank the Lord for His grace towards us and keeping us safe while we did this. Believe me, we would not have won any safety awards! :)
Mike planted our really cool trees this morning. I love these things!
We are going to fill in the space between house and walkway with decorative stone, flowers and plants. It should be pretty if it comes out looking like I am picturing it in my head!
One more shot...
We had a campfire and roasted hot dogs and marshmellows for lunch today with the kids. Emma, Eli, and Ezra are all clustered together under the shade umbrella and Caleb is in the striped chair. Ya'll should know which one is Mike...
Caleb is becoming an expert marshmellow roaster!
Here's Eli showing me his half-eaten marshmellow.
All the kids joining in on the fun!

A garden spider Mike found in our day lilly this morning. Ewww..... thank goodness for frogs and other things that eat bugs and spiders! I DID think that its web was cool though!
I babysat some friends' kids last week and this is what my lunch table looked like.
And here we have movie time..... they were all very good.
Caleb and Abbie LOVE the pool and have been in almost every day since we put it up!

No comments: