Monday, September 14, 2009

Museum of Appalachia

I took the kids to the Museum of Appalachia last week and had a great time with them! Caleb especially loved the animals, and Abbie liked picking up rocks and sticks. :)

Before we went in, I snapped a cute picture. Aren't they just too sweet?
Walking in....

Caleb with Uncle Sam. He told me it wasn't his uncle.
One of the barns that we visited.
An old jail cell.

Caleb took a picture of Abbie and me.

Caleb heading towards the animals.

Turkeys. They were kind of scary. He tried to stick his fingers in the pen and they were eager to taste them!

Sheep! Very calm animals. I like sheep.

Big Tater Valley School House. Caleb's new school! Ha ha! Just kidding!

Inside the school house.

Abbie checking out the outhouse. She's so tiny compared the the HUGE outhouse!

Inside the old church house.



No comments: