Friday, May 28, 2010

Strawberry picking!

On a very hot day this past week, early in the morning, I decided to take all three of my kids strawberry picking. By the time I actually got myself and them ready and in the car, it was noon- not exactly the prime time to go out in the hot sun. After lathering up the kids in sunscreen and hiking up to the field, we happily began our hunt for berries. I have only been strawberry picking one other time here in TN and it wasn't that great, so I was looking forward to a better experience this time! Unfortunately, it was very similiar to my first experience. Because of the humidity here in the south, the berries mold almost as soon as they ripen, so we ended up picking only about a pound of decent berries, since there were pretty slim pickin's! Ha ha!! BUT, the good news is that we had an awesome time together! Caleb is an excellent berry picker and Abbie is great at eating them almost as fast as we get them in the bucket! Sam slept the entire time on my chest in the baby wrap; such a good baby!

Off we go!

Samuel, sleeping soundly on my chest.

Look Mom!!! These are all the berries I found!

This is Abbie holding Caleb's bucket since hers was... ummm.... empty. She ate them all.


Walking through the fields.


Heading back to the car.

Sam and Mom today. He is 16 days old!



Sam and I again!








No comments: